Are you planning to sell your property? If so, to ensure that you have a successful transaction, your choice of a competent real estate agent is likely the most critical decision you can make. Our customer-centric approach will convince you that we are the best choice and that you will receive the best value when you work with us.
Even though we will be there to assist you in the process, we strongly recommend that you consider the following simple tips as you think of selling your home. If you pay keen attention to them, you are is a far better position to sell your home in a shorter timeframe and hassle-free.
Guidelines for Sellers
You may have heard the phrase “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” and that is so true.
It is important that you take the time to spruce up your house so that potential buyers will be attracted to it. No one wants to see a house looking and feeling like drab. Invest the time and prepare your home for every open house event. Be careful to look at the entire picture from the gate to the back door and beyond—to the back fence. Here are some things that you should pay attention to:
For the landscape:
- Mow the lawn
- Weed the garden
- Trim overgrown hedges
- De-clutter the yard
For the house:
- Wash entryways (pathways and steps)
- Clean windows, railings, and doors
- Re-paint areas that show signs of wear
- De-clutter the house (and don’t forget the garage!). The buyer will be looking at that space too.
- Fix any plumbing issues
- Dust, dust and dust again until everything is shiny and bright
- Shampoo the carpets
- Scrub all tubs, toilets and showers and hang fresh towels that complement the space
- Oil squeaky doors, fix broken hinges and light switches. We don’t want the potential buyer to think they are in a horror house!
You may not see all the areas for improvement, so listen to suggestions from your Realtor ® . As the trusted professional, you can rely on recommendations that could make your home more attractive to potential buyers. Your acceptance and implementation could make the difference between a sale now or a sale way later—or worse, no sale at all!
Other factors to consider:
- Freshen up all rooms especially if a smoker or pet lives in the space. Odours are sometimes unavoidable in those circumstances, so you want to ensure that the potential buyer does not recognise any unusual odours.
- Brighten up the home by opening the windows to let in all the natural light, opening drapes and shades and turning on the lights. Remember to open all the doors inside the home and consider turning on all lights on the inside and outside.
- Set an atmosphere that will appeal to the interested buyer. They need to “feel at home” in your home. One way to achieve this is to remove your personal items. Use neutral colours in your decorations and attract a wider cross-section of buyers.
Once you have taken the above steps, your work has ended. Now, leave the house in confidence. Leave the rest of the work to your trusted real estate professional. Buyers prefer to view homes without the presence of the sellers. They will feel more at ease and will likely spend a bit more time to explore the scenery. If you must be there, don’t be obtrusive.
Channel your best poker face. Do not project any emotions during the negotiations. This can be a distraction to the process—and in a worst-case scenario, cause the buyer to walk away from the deal. Remain focused on the sale and approach it in a professional demeanour. The buyer will likely mirror that attitude, and you will have a successful end.
Choose a REALTOR® in whom you have confidence. Choose one of our esteemed real estate professional call us TODAY !
Suzie Q Real Estate LTD.